LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional social network. As a result, it offers a great opportunity to grow your business if you’re targeting other companies or working professionals.
You will want to create a LinkedIn company page for your business and include details along with a company description. It’s also a good idea to ensure your own LinkedIn account is up to date so you can connect with customers and business associates and share updates. Many business opportunities come through networking and LinkedIn is a brilliant tool for this.
You can use LinkedIn to display recommendations for your products and services, gain introductions to business connections and allow potential customers to search for you. Individuals can search the platform for businesses within a certain industry as well as using keywords so make sure your profile page is searchable.
Once your page is set up, connect with professionals you already know and join groups that are related to your business or trade.
In order to engage with your LinkedIn network, you’ll want to post regular updates. From a business point of view include information on what you’re working on, clients you’re working with and new launches. However, you don’t want all of your posts to be directly about your business. You should also include updates that would be of interest to your customers and business partners, this could include industry news, governmental policies that may affect businesses and challenges the sector is facing, for instance.
Actively participating in discussions on the platform is an effective way to gain exposure and credibility. Pick topics that you know a lot about in the area your business operates in to help establish yourself as an expert in the field. While you want to promote your business it’s best to focus on the discussion, if you have something interesting and insightful to say people will likely click on your profile to learn more about the business. Simply focusing on self-promotion can lead to you being kicked out of a discussion and can harm your reputation.
If there’s an area of your business’ sector that you think would make for a good debate set up your own discussion. Pick a topic that will have lots of different opinions, ask questions or start a poll to get people engaged. By tying the discussion to relevant news and trends you also boost its popularity.
LinkedIn also offer targeted advisements for B2B. The advertisement can be targeted based on job title, industry, company size and seniority allowing you to reach your desired audience. You can set your own budget for your campaign and there are no long-term contracts or commitments, making it a good choice for those that want to try out the service and measure outcomes.
- Post regularly – Keep in touch with your network to increase your visibility on the site.
- Update your page frequently – Be sure to keep your page updated with your latest projects or products.
- Keep your contacts up to date – Connect with anyone you do business with, it means you can keep them up to date with company news.
- Self-promote too much – LinkedIn is a business network but adding value through your expertise will be far more beneficial than several updates a day that are self-promotional.
- Be too informal – While you don’t need to be really formal on LinkedIn, you need to be aware that the people you’re connecting with could become your business customers or partners.
- Spam groups and discussions – Carefully select the discussions you join and only comment when you have something interesting to add.
Woya digital is a social media marketing agency in Chichester, that can assist companies of all sizes, anywhere, promote themselves through the internet. Our fixed price offering is straightforward and yields results! We are fantastic at social media management, website design and SEO, all paid monthly, with no upfront investment.