People use the internet to research and browse almost everything these days.
It makes it the ideal place to market your business and reach out to a larger customer base via online advertising. Facebook and Google Adwords offer a great budget-friendly opportunity for targeted marketing campaigns.
Online Advertising on Facebook
Advertising on Facebook has the potential to change your business. It gives you an opportunity to reach such a large number of people. It’s an ideal advertising option for small business because it doesn’t involve huge costs and you can monitor the success yourself.
One of the benefits of Facebook online advertising is that is allows a targeted audience. By using this feature you can make sure that your advert will reach the right people for your business. You have complete control of the budget by selecting how many people they want their message to reach. This offers flexibility appreciated by small businesses, start-ups and those that want to gain an insight into their audience.
It’s simple to create an online advertising campaign. First, you need to setup a business page on Facebook, filling out your details, adding photos and posting updates. When you start a Facebook ad it will let you set up an objective, such as ‘send people to your website’ or ‘get people to claim your offer’. You will then be able to choose a target audience, selecting a location, age and interests among other options.
You will then select your budget and be shown how increasing or decreasing it will affect estimated reach. Once you’ve set out how you want your ad to look you simply need to place your order.
Top tips for online advertising on Facebook:
- Have a goal before you start planning your advert. This will allow you to get the most out of our campaign and tailor the content to suit your aim.
- Build a relationship with your Facebook users too – don’t just bombard them with sales and ads. Get your target audience to keep coming back to your Facebook page after clicking on an ad by providing a range of content.
- Think about who you want each specific ad to reach and reflect this in who you select as your target audience. Facebook has millions of users so don’t waste your time and budget connecting with people who aren’t your potential customers.
Using Google Adwords
Using Google Adwords is one of the most effective ways to grow your business. It allows you to reach new customers that are specifically searching for businesses or products like yours. Like Facebook, it allows you to reach a targeted audience and control your budget.
There’s more than one way to advertise on Google Adwords, but the most commonly used involves pay per click (PPC) advertising.
Users bid on keywords that are relevant to their business and will then have their website featured to users that have used these keywords.
When you’re setting up your campaign you’ll be able to choose a location that you want to target. It gives you an option to see the competition, the number of monthly searches, along with approximate cost.
This is a useful tool if starting a marketing campaign to try different keywords that will give the best outcome.
Top tips for online advertising via Google Adwords:
- Carefully select your keywords. Include branded keywords, such as your business’ name and phrases that are specific and targeted eg ‘Chinese restaurant London’.
- A great deal of online business is now done via mobile devices, make sure your ads are suitable for viewing on mobile phones.
- Include a call to action in your ad. This could be telling users to download a free report or to take advantage of one of your offers on your website.
Woya digital is a social media marketing agency in Chichester, that can assist companies of all sizes, anywhere, promote themselves through the internet, including online advertising. Our fixed price offering is straight forward and yields results! Woya is fantastic at social media management, website design and SEO, all paid monthly, with no upfront investment.