Starting and promoting your business and getting your name out there can be a difficult and daunting process…
…but the good news is that the modern world of social media means you can reach a wide audience with a few clicks of the mouse, a good dollop of creativity and little more than a mobile phone or a tablet.
By asking yourself some key questions in promoting your business and following our top social media tips you can build up a social media following in no time – allowing you to promote your business and reach out to customers on platforms that suit them.
- Decide which sites you’ll use
The first thing you need to consider is what platforms you will be using. Your choice will be dictated to a large extent by your target audience. If you’re a B2B service or product and want to talk to professionals about things related to their work, you might not gain much attention on Instagram but starting a LinkedIn discussion could draw your customers’ eye to your expertise. Likewise, a business that creates unique and personalised homewares will be better suited to a visual social media platform such as Pinterest or Instagram than LinkedIn.
- Establish your company voice
As you’re going to be creating a lot of content, you need to think about the tone of voice you will use on social media. This should reflect your brand and be appropriate for the medium. If you’re a fun, lively brand aimed at young people then a less formal approach can make your business seem stylish and approachable. However, if you’re a business selling security solutions for instance, you’ll want to project a professional image – the language you use will need to reflect this.
If several people are going to be updating your social media accounts, it’s a good idea to draw up some guideline so that all of the updates are written in the same tone and style. Even if there is only one person controlling the platforms this can still be a useful practice to ensure continuity.
- Make your posts count
Follow these three tips to get you started on promoting your business through social media platforms:
- Social media users will be turned off if every update is a sales post with the aim of promoting your business. You need to link to valuable content that your audience will enjoy and find interesting too – they’re more likely to share this content so you’ll reach a bigger audience as well. This is called content curation.
- Social media is a great way to create a two-way dialogue with your customers so don’t just post updates – ask questions, respond to enquiries and share interesting news.
- Show off your expertise. If there’s a news story or viral video on the internet that’s related to your business, comment on it.
Finally, continue to monitor the success of your social media engagements. Review whether you’re reaching the right audience, see what they are responding to and keep an eye out for new trends and platforms. Social media is always evolving and so should your social media strategy.
Woya digital is a social media marketing agency in Chichester, that can assist companies of all sizes, anywhere, promote themselves through the internet. Our fixed price offering is straightforward and yields results! We are fantastic at social media management, website design and SEO, all paid monthly, with no upfront investment.