Whether you are working with a social media agency like Woya Digital or empowering an employee with access to Facebook, at some stage you will want to add or change an administrator or other role to your Facebook business page.
Unlike Twitter, where anyone with a password can access the account, Facebook works by giving an existing Facebook user a permission based role on the business page (see end of blog).
Adding roles on a Facebook page
Adding a new Administrator to your Facebook business page is a fairly easy task that will take only a few minutes (make sure you have the Facebook login email of the person you want to add) and is one essential action needed before Woya Digital can start work on your social media.
- Log in to Facebook
- Go to your main business page and look for the settings link, under the blue Facebook bar, top right hand corner
- Click Page Roles on the left hand side
- Add the new administrator by adding their Facebook account email address
- If you do not know their Facebook login email, you can use their username, but only if they are an existing friend or already like the page – To ensure that you add the right person we suggest using their Facebook login email
- Click SAVE
- Enter your Facebook password to confirm to amends
Admins can manage all aspects of the page, including sending messages and posting as the page, creating adverts, seeing which admin created a post or comment, viewing insights and assigning other page roles.
Editors edit the page, send messages and post as the page, create adverts, see which admin created a post or comment, and view insights.
A moderator can respond to and delete comments on the page, send messages as the page, see which admin created a post or comment, create adverts and view insights.
Advertisers see which admin created a post or comment, create adverts and view insights.
Finally an analyst can just see which admin created a post or comment and view insights.
Woya digital is a social media marketing agency in Chichester, that can assist companies of all sizes, anywhere, promote themselves through the internet. Our fixed price offering is straightforward and yields results! We are fantastic at social media management, website design and SEO, all paid monthly, with no upfront investment.